- Sirloin, cubed (estimate ⅓–½ pound per person)
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into large cubes
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 cup Italian parsley, rinsed, stems removed
- 4 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 4 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons capers
Alternate the beef, eggplant and onions on a skewer. Season with salt and pepper.
Parsley Sauce: Place ingredients for parsley sauce in a food processor or blender and purée.
Marinate the kabobs with the sauce for an hour before grilling, then serve the rest on the side. Estimated cooking time for kabobs is about 5 minutes a side on medium-high.