- 2½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 pound ripe cherry tomatoes, large tomatoes halved or quartered, small tomatoes left whole
- ½ large seedless cucumber, peeled and sliced into ½-inch-thick pieces
- ½ large jalapeño, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup each fresh mint and basil leaves
In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, oil and sugar; whisk until the sugar dissolves. Gently toss the tomatoes, cucumber and jalapeño in a medium bowl with the dressing; let the salad marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
Add the fresh herbs and gently toss again to combine.