- 1 tablespoon plus ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, or to taste, divided
- 2½ cups ramps, root ends trimmed, bulbs, slender stems and leaves cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked according to package, or fresh, blanched briefly in boiling water
- ½ cup coarsely chopped Marcona almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
To make the ramps: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook ramps, stirring frequently, until wilted, about 2–3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, as the ramps are cooling, cook the peas. Remove from heat, drain and set aside to cool.
To make the pesto: Process the ramps, peas, remaining ⅓ cup oil, almonds and lemon juice in a food processor until desired texture is achieved. Spoon the pesto into a decorative bowl and fold in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust seasonings with additional oil, and lemon juice, if desired.