- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 tablespoons cold butter, cut into bits
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- ⅓ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 10 medium-sized, firm, ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Prepare pastry by combining flour, salt and sugar in a food processor. Add butter and combine until it has a coarse crumb consistency. With the machine running, add the water. Form into a ball. Roll out into a circle large enough to fit into a 10-inch tart pan, about ? inch thick.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Brush mustard over the bottom of the pastry shell. Top mustard with mozzarella slices.
Beginning at outer edge of shell, make a layered overlapping row of the tomato slices. Make a second row and then fill the center with a final circle of tomatoes.
Sprinkle top evenly with garlic and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper and drizzle the olive oil over all.
Bake for about 40 minutes.